Thursday, June 25, 2009

Goodbye to a Legend


I remember being on the playground with our little boom boxes and dancing to "Thriller" and how we couldn't wait until then next recess to do it all over again. Oh what our parents spent in batteries!
Love him or loathe him, no one can disagree with the immense affect that Michael Jackson had on the world. He lived his life in the spotlight with fans around the world and I continue to be amazed at the fans he has been able to amass- young and old. "Thriller" is an iconic classic and is downloaded everyday by a new fan.

This day will be for us what Elvis' death was to our parents. We will always remember where we were when we heard the news and how we felt.

1 comments:

Southern Fried Gal said...

That is funny that you mentioned Elvis. We were in the Dallas airport when we heard the news and that is what we compared it to as well! I still wish I had my parachute pants - those were the days!