Tuesday, September 2, 2008

1st Day of School



Today was THE DAY!! The first day of preschool, and Gavin did GREAT!! I was so proud of him! He was so excited last night and even woke up at around 3:30 this morning asking "is it time to go to school now?". He couldn't wait to get dressed and even put his shorts on over his pyjamas this morning. I did manage to get him to eat a little breakfast before we had to go. I really was doing quite well with the whole "your baby's going to school" thing until I was brushing his hair and he looked up at me with his big blue eyes and said "Are you going with me momma?" Whoa buddy did I loose it then. I guess it was the combination of what he said and the look he had when he said it. He has just grown up so fast! I know he is only 2 and 1/2 but he will be 5 before I blink and then 12 and then....
...anyways,I took him into his classroom and all of the other kids that were there were crying. He looked up at me and I thought "uh-oh, this could be bad" but he just kept his lunch pack with him and walked to his seat and let me take his picture. I didn't think I was going to pry the lunch pack from his hands because he was so excited about eating lunch! But he did and then went to play so I said goodbye to his teacher and went back to car to have myself a good cry all the way home!
When I picked him up it took him all of 2 minutes to tell me EVERYTHING he did! He was super excited! "I went to school momma, and I played, and I colored, and I took a nap, and I ate lunch, and I....." and then he'd say "and something else.." He was so animated! I am so thankful he loved it so much. The note home from his teachers said he was Very Sweet and had a Great 1st Day. I am not certain about the nap part though since he passed out on me around 5:3o after our trip to Wal-mart when I got back from having the splints taken out of my nose. He was getting cranking so I knew he was tired but when I gave him his blanket he said he couldn't go to bed yet... Little did he know!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest thing ever!! I love him SO much! He looks like a "big boy" with his lunch box and backpack in tow. *tear*

Small Town Girl said...

Jennifer Gavin is such a cutie I can not believe that he is already big enough to start school oh girl wait once they start pre-school it just flys on by even faster sniff sniff**