Thursday, September 18, 2008

"Field Trip"


Ok- so the little one somehow knows what a field trip is and Thursday requested one from papaw and me after his day at preschool. Now, papaw was working and could not oblige but momma decided what better field trip (and I am using this term very loosely) than a trip to our local park. Thankfully that was sufficient. In addition to the swinging, sliding, and climbing, we walked on the nature trail and looked at bird feeders, spider webs, and the water rushing under the bridge. He even was brave enough to swing on the tire swing for a bit.
Luckily man created this thing called ice cream because without the promise of a vanilla ice cream cone I would have never coerced him back into our car to go home!
Needless to say, the boy had a long full day and it showed. Around 5:30 he crashed on daddy in the "daddy chair" for a little cat nap. He deserved it!! And what a photo op for mom!





























































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im so excited that you are a blogger. Ive been quite the slacker, as if you cant tell by my posts, but am going to try to do better!!!

JHalmes said...

I am not the greatest myself! I enjoy it but sometimes it is hard to keep up with all that goes on! Thanks for reading!