Monday, September 1, 2008

Getting Well

Ok-time to get blogging since I seem to be the only one NOT doing it!

I just had my surgery last Wednesday for my deviated septum etc. and I have to say it has been one of the WORST recoveries I could have ever imagined. Yesterday was by far the worst day and if Kris had not taken off of work and been able to be here to take care of Gavin I have no idea how I would have made it. The worst part has been the headaches. I can't take the pain medicine because it makes me sick so I just have to ride it out. Not easy when you have a migraine! And it has been hard to not get to play with Gavin and "love" on him like I am use to. I HATE that part! Thankfully I get the splints out tomorrow so maybe that will make a marked improvement. I just hope that is not as painful as having the packing taken out was!

Enough about that!

Tomorrow is eventful for another reason: it is Gavin's first day of preschool and mama is getting nervous! I know he is ready but I know there will still be little melt down moments! (for him too). Thankfully his friend Jake from church is in his class so I think that will help a lot. I am excited for him to have something to look forward too though. He asks to go to Dani's school almost everyday so now he will have his own school to go to. We even made his own special calendar so he would know what to look forward to each day and what he would be learning. He wants to go NOW!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully all this pain will be worth it in a short time! Emphasis on the short!