Thursday, September 4, 2008

Prayer Requests

I often get emails asking for prayer requests from family or friends. A lot of times it is for someone I don't know and don't have a personal connection to. But I pray. I pray because I know there is not only that individual in need of prayers but a family connected to that person who is suffering in some way as well. I have sometimes wondered if that prayer mattered to the person who didn't know I was praying for them.

I am so thankful for the friends and family I have to rely on in times of need. I can always count on them to 'be praying' for me and my family whenever I ask for a specific need. That happened this week in a BIG way! Both my dad and sister were admitted to the hospital on Wednesday. My dad's admittance was expected, but my 28 year old sister's was not. Having both my dad and sister in the hospital has been stressful, probably more for my mom than anyone. It really makes you stop and realize how short life can be. No one is guaranteed tomorrow, even another hour. But we are guaranteed that there is someone listening to those prayers and someone to help comfort us in time of need. Thankfully my dad and sister have both been released from the hospital as of 8:00 p.m today and other than following up with their personal physicians the worst may be over. What a blessing! So in answer to my own question, does it matter if I am praying for someone who doesn't know it? Yes it matters! It mattered to my dad, my sister, and to my entire family! God Bless you all.

0 comments: