Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Rant

Where to begin on this rambling? I went to Wal-mart to return something. No issues there. Then as I was leaving I said "Thank-you and Merry Christmas" to the lady that helped me. She just looked at me and stuttered and said "We are not allowed to say that but Happy Holidays- you know what I mean?" NO- I did NOT know what she meant. First of all, Wal-mart is making a ton of money on a holiday that they can't verbally recognize and I am suppose to just smile and nod? Give me a break! I understand their are other religions and other holidays that are at this time of year. But do any of those make it the busiest shopping season? The reason people get off of work?
It is CHRISTMAS!! Christ is the reason for this "holiday season" and it upsets me that people are forbidden to recognize it as such. But I will continue to say Merry Christmas to every person that checks me out at a grocery store or any other store because that is what I believe in!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I second that motion!!!

Shelley Freeman said...

Amen, sister! You preach it!

Small Town Girl said...

Tell them like it is Jennifer! Merry Christmas to you and your family!