Saturday, May 16, 2009

April Books

So, here it is May 16th and I am just now posting the books I read for April. I have been so behind on blogging... both reading and "writing". But I did keep up with my reading. Got to have some relaxation mixed in somewhere!

Freakin' Fabulous by Clinton Kelly. LOVE What Not To Wear with Clinton and Stacey so I had to read this when they got it at the library. It obviously doesn't fit in too well for this area but I was not disappointed!

How to Behave So Your Preschooler Will Too by Sal Severe. I really got a lot out of this book. The author really did a good job of explaining the workings of the preschoolers mindset. It also helps you to remember why you love being a mom in the first place!!

She Said Yes by Misty Bernall. Get the Kleenex out on this true story written by a mother of a Columbine victim. At the time I checked it out I did not realize it was around the 10th anniversary of the Columbine shooting. What was so awesome about this book is the fact that the girl had come from a very similar place that the shooters were at. The lengths that the Bernalls went through to get her out of that place was incredible!

Lucky by Alice Sebold is another heart wrenching read. It is a memoir in which Sebold tells about her rape and eventual recovery as well as all the in between. Very hard to read at times.

Hypoglycemia for Dummies Maybe because I had to lighten up the reading a bit or because I felt like I needed a refresher course (since I suffer from low blood sugar).

Sunday's At Tiffany's by James Patterson. Let me preface by saying I have never read anything by James Patterson that I didn't like. Let me also say I have never read any of his thrillers. Having said that, I really don't know how I felt about this book. It was ok, not the worst thing I have ever read-as some people have said after reading it- but it was a bit kooky. Basically, a little girl has an imaginary friend in her childhood, a somewhat miserable mother, and ends up that the "friend" was not so imaginary after all when they see each other when she is an adult. Without giving anything away that is all I can say. So, I wouldn't buy it but if you've got some extra time on your hands.....

0 comments: