Saturday, February 28, 2009

February Reads

As I said in a prior post, it was one of my goals this year to read on average 1 book per week. Not any specific genre but start tackling the list that I have so longed to read as well as the overflowing book shelf I have in my scrap room. The problem is as I am reading I find more books to add to my list!
This month has been interesting to say the least. I found some really great books but for the first time in a long time I found a book I couldn't get past the first 3 chapters, Alice Sebold's "A New Moon". I was really expecting it to be one of my favorites since I loved "The Lovely Bones".

The books I did finish are "Winter Turns to Spring" by Catherine Palmer and Gary Chapman. Very good. It is part of a series that they have written together but you don't HAVE to read them in order to enjoy them.
"The Last Summer of You and Me" by Ann Brashears, "I Still Miss My Man But My Aim is Getting Better" by Sarah Shankman- a little tongue in cheek title since it centers around an aspiring Country music songwriter.
"A Secret Word" by Jennifer Paddock.
Right now I am trying to finish up "The Defiant Child" by Dr. Douglas Riley. It has been very insightful although maybe not completely appropriate for my life situation.
I know this post bordered on nauseating boring, especially for those who don't enjoy reading like I do but it is one of guilty pleasures and quite possibly one of the only things that keeps me sane!!

0 comments: