Sunday, February 22, 2009

What a great day!

Today was such a good day! It didn't start out that way. It started out with a migraine and a very hyper child. But as the day went on and the medicine kicked in it became a pleasant surprise. I am learning to not stress so much about the little things like whether the kitchen is clean or Gavin's bed is made.*note I HAVE to make my bed everyday in order to feel like a decent human being*
So today I went to Fort Smith and did some "me" stuff. Nothing fancy just time alone to think and realize how God has truly blessed me with Kris and Gavin. I got my wedding ring cleaned, found the licorice tea I have been needing for my throat, bought a couple of great Christian books that I will blog about I am sure, and finished up at Walmart (like all good trips do!) And when I got home no one was injured or maimed so it was a good day!

I also got some presents today from Kris. He knows I have been wanting a Wii Fit and lo and behold (who says that) he bought me one today with a bonus he had received from work. He should have spent it on himself but he didn't. Very thoughtful that man of mine! Of course he got him and Gavin a few play things too. It is so funny to hear them try to play the Wii together. Lots of bickering.
The moral of my long and rambling story- it is the little things that make me the happiest.

0 comments: