Monday, April 27, 2009

Our First Garden

Growing up I always remember having a garden. Didn't exactly love it then but as I have gotten older (and wiser) I do! Kris has always had a garden as well and we have wanted to have one way before now. But finally this year we made it happen! We rented a heavy duty tiller and our small garden turned out to be about 30x50! But boy are we excited about it! Corn, okra, tomatoes, beans.....Yum!
Gavin may be the most excited though. He woke up the next morning and wanted to know if the garden had grew! I wish it was that fast!
Here is G and daddy working hard.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll be stopping in for some homegrown veggies soon!!! Both of my grandpas always had huge gardens when I was growing up, so we always had an abundance of fresh veggies and tomatoes. When I moved away and didn't get them anymore, I realized how great homegrown stuff really is!!

Southern Fried Gal said...

I wish I had room for a garden. I love veggies and nothing beats it fresh from the garden. Yummy!

Anonymous said...

i've been wanting to do this! but limited space... so i did an herb garden instead. wish we could do some swapping:)

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures of your little "helper"! Can't wait to see how it turns out!